Monday, March 21, 2016

Cashew Macarons

MACARONS ARE HEAVEN

That's true! Macarons are heaven, so I wanted to create my own recipe. But I wanted to make them different in a way yet still delicious. So, one of the main ingredients in macarons are almonds (well, almond meal is, but the stores here don't seem to sell it).

One day they had the cashews on sale and I thought maybe I could try creating a macaron recipe using homemade cashew flour instead!

So I did, and they came out amazing!



LOOK AT THEM! THEY'RE SO PRETTYYYY!
They're pink and pretty and perfect and I love them and sfhghddggnnhh

*note: I made this recipe twice: the first time the feet formed while the macarons rested as per usual, but the second time they didn't even after 1 hour of rest, however they did in the oven after about 5-7 minutes. So don't panic if you followed the steps exactly but the feet didn't form, they might form in the oven just like they did for me!

Tips: Let the macarons rest for 30 minutes-1 hour in a non humid room (macarons are not fans of humidity).
Once you pipe them onto the baking sheet, bang the pan on a flat, hard surface to get rid of the air bubbles.
Also make sure you sift your dry ingredients because clumps of cashew won't help!

No comments:

Post a Comment